This is in an 8 inch hoop. Again, I was using batik fabric and because it was so dark, I had to use tracing/transfer paper to get the design on to it. My inspiration was the cover of Telling the Bees (see below) but I used a variety of sources to try to get the sunflower the way I wanted it, and even so I think I could have done better with the petals. Still, I was happy with the bee and the centre of the flower, which is partly why, much later in the year, I made another bee.
This one was 10cm by 8cm and was the first piece of embroidery I made in a frame rather than a hoop. It's a Manchester Bee, though.